Thursday, November 20, 2008

A win at stromlo dirt crit...


It had rained Wednesday night and then on and off during the day yesterday so I wondered whether the track at Stromlo would be muddy for the dirt crit. It turned out to be dry and hard packed with just one little puddle on the back of the 4x track. James had brought the mud tires just in case. It's funny.. I think as long as James brings the mud tires it won't rain at another race… well that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

This week I actually spent a lot more time warming up before the dirt crit instead of standing around talking with the usual suspects…which I love to do and is one of the most enjoyable parts of racing. I always like racing B grade. Bec and I were the only girls in B Grade which was really good because I wanted to try a new approach to the start. I wanted to try to not go above and beyond my max in the first lap!!! Yesterday I felt really strong and had good power in the legs - I wish that you could pick the days & races when you felt like that. Bec and I had a rumble on the last lap but I was able to keep her out on the last climb up to the 4x track and take the win in Womens grade. We ended up almost stalling at that point at the 4x track because we were laughing at each other. I love racing Bec because it's always for sheep stations, and because we push each other we'll only both get stronger, but when we come to the end of the race we just talk rubbish and have a bit of a laugh.

Well … I can't wait for the weekend…bring it on!!

1 comment:

Monfebres said...

PORTUGAL...
vem a portgal fazer btt nas serras magnificas