Monday, December 1, 2008

What I did onthe weekend avoiding Mud pies and Cow pies







It was a windy 'on again, off again' wet weekend. Saturday was slated for a road ride, but the time I got out of bed, the wind was howling so I went for a mountain bike ride instead. I rode from home to Stromlo and worked on my power into the headwind.
Sunday was pretty much a repeat of Saturday, so again I rode out to Stromlo with a couple of laps of Bruce Ridge thrown in. At Stromlo I did a couple of hill climbs, because that is just soooo exciting for me.
The wind was howling and you could see the flag standing upright at Parliament House. Even though it was so exciting in the wind, I kept reminding myslef it was so much better than being up at Illinbah. I have come across a couple of people that have liked it, but it is the most unimaganitive track.

Last year after riding through a bit of mud, a lot of cow poo, a lot of grass, and coming across a cow mid-race, I decided I was never going to waste that much money again!!

And this year by all accounts, it was 100% worse, and adding insult to injury, I think most people will have to replace the majority of the running components on their bike after the mudfest this weekend up there.

So yeah, riding a tacky track, into a howling headwind, and doing hillclimbs - baby it was so much more exciting than mud pies and cow pies LOL!!! One bright note was some really good results from the canberra tribe - so congrats to every one.
Love you long time!!! See you next post.

No comments: